Do something to someone - Transitive verbs with two objects.

Transitive verbs with a direct and an indirect object. Spanish: QUÉ y A QUIÉN das, dices, explicas, envías,...

Examples:
Le dí un regalo. = I gave him a present.
Se lo dí. = I gave it to him.
Nos enviaron dos postales. = They sent us two postcards.
Nos las enviaron. = They sent them to us.

Common mistakes:
Le dí un regalo. = I gave TO him a present. ---> I gave him a present.
Se lo dí. =I gave him IT. ---> I gave it to him.
Nos las enviaron. = They sent IT to us. --->  They sent them to us (plural !!!)

Exercise of transitive verbs with two objects:(Answers in the fist comment)

Envíame las fotos. =
Envíamelas. = 
¿Me dirás como hacerlo? = 
¿Me lo dirás? = 
Te las explicaré = 
No te lo puedo dejar. =
Le vendí el coche a un vecino. = 
Recuérdame cuando vienes. = 
Te diré como contactarme en Skype. = 
Te lo diré. =

1 comentario:

  1. Envíame las fotos. = Send me the pictures.
    Envíamelas. = Send them to me.
    ¿Me dirás como hacerlo? = Will you tell me how to do it?
    ¿Me lo dirás? = Will you tell me? (Exception: Will you tell it to me)
    Te las explicaré = I'll explain them to you.
    No te lo puedo dejar. = I can't lend it to you.
    Le vendí el coche a un vecino. = We sold the car to our neighbour.
    Recuérdame cuando vienes. = Remind me when you are coming.
    Te diré como contactarme en Skype. = I'll tell you how to contact me on Skype.
    Te lo diré. = I'll tell you.

    ResponderEliminar